Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Very Merry Unbirthday

So the Big 37 has come, though to little or no fanfare. This is fine with me. I'm not really one to care about the Holidays or Birthdays or pretty much anything else that is commercialized to the point of being banal. Besides, I get really depressed on my birthday, and I don't need to spend the whole day pretending to care when people offer the obligatory "Happy Blah-blah!".

Of course I sit and reflect the previous year come Nov. 17th, and rarely have I accomplished enough to make it seem worthwhile. No, I'm not so bad as to contemplate the unforgivable, but I am getting to the point where I'm ready to start living off the streets and eventually start my own line of clothing.

So this year has not been the Hallmark year for me. I guess I should be used to it by now.....

This is quite a lot of self-deprecation going on. I think I'll stop while I'm behind. Oh, "Happy Thanksgiving"

1 comment: