Friday, October 7, 2005

Oh the Humanity!

I feel so dirty, succumbing to peer pressure. What am I, 13 years old? I've been trying to not have a banal blog, like so many others, and only post when something intriguing occurs in my mind. But, apparently, that doesn't happen too often. So now here I am again posting to please my fan base.

As such, I hereby pledge to do the following: (in no particular order)
  • Not be so contrived in my postings. From this point forward I'll use my humor and wit only for good, not for self-indulgence or for the senseless bashing of loyal reader(s).
  • Post more often. Once a week to start, perhaps more if necessary. This should be acceptable as my prior posting schedule was on the timeline of "Whenever I damn well feel like it".
  • Tell heartwarming anecdotes from my childhood. Who doesn't love a good tale of abuse and neglect, especially when it can be dredged up by friends at inopportune times?
  • Attach useful links and cute photos of animals in clothes. What blog would be complete without that homespun, American feel of apple pie recipes and snapshots of Rover wearing a burkha?
  • Be more sensitive. It goes without saying that I should have more respect for the idiots and morons that I deal with on a daily basis. Though they may be the dregs of society, and have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, they still serve a useful purpose to someone...somewhere
So for now I bid you adieu, but only for the next 6 days, 23 hours and let's say 27 minutes.

Oh and before I forget, enjoy the following:
Apple pie recipe

1 comment:

  1. That rocks! Thanks for taking this blogging thing as seriously as it deserves to be taken. (Not very.) That latest entry is exactly why your friends and loved ones are clamoring for more.

    ReplyDelete